Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Shaun the Sheep Movie


Shaun the Sheep Movie is not period drama. However it is a very English film, which I figure qualifies it for this blog and besides, I found it very entertaining! I dragged my sister to this on a recent girl's weekend, reasoning that this was a true all ages film. What can I say? I don't have a young child or grandchild at this point but I love this kind of film which amuses all ages.


If you are a fan of Aardman Animations, who have done Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run, you may also already know Shaun, Bitzer the dog and Farmer from the Shaun the Sheep television series and you will likely eat this up. If not, but you love the sound of a bouncy fun film with no dialogue but a super soundtrack and lots of sight gags then you will still appreciate this little gem.




I didn't really like the trailer so I have given you the theme song video which gives you a much better idea of whether you will like the movie. And such a cute catchy song too!


Lots of visual gags like this one...an homage to the Beatles Abbey Road photo and a nod to the fact that the music was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.


That is all I am going to say about this adorable little film.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "earworm", Sis! I'll be humming that tune again for days ....
    (And I was happy to be dragged to see Shaun the Sheep!)
    Big Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails